I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
Albert Einstein


Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.
Henry Ward Beecher

Nature is the art of God.
Dante Alighieri



I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we only will tune in.
George Washington Carver



Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
Rabindranath Tagore

10 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful and inspiring! I look forward to your pictures and quotes.

Gaelyn said...

A very beautiful and photo appropriate collection of quotes.

Great Grandma Lin said...

everything has a spirit and even flowers can die..

Kay said...

These are all so beautiful and peaceful, Sylvia. Have a great evening.

chrome3d said...

Who knows, maybe the flowers have a soul too. Whatever the soul is.

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi dear Sylvia,
I really appreciate everytime you visit me every Sunday. An honour!

Hope you enjoy this day & week ahead. And hope sun will shine us again as I can see that it's almost drizzling over Stockholm.

Your post is wonderful. Love the nature photos. Speak louder than words.

Hugs!

Wolynski said...

Beautiful photos and quotations. Lovely.

bobbie said...

Each of these is a gem. I have heard the Tagore quote worded a bit differently in each translation. I love them all. Thank you.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for these words of wisdom! And the lovely photos!

Deborah Godin said...

Can't get enough of spring blossoms - these are wonderful!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time