I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. ~Jean Anouilh



The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. ~Chinese Proverb



I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White



In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris



The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart. ~ Helen Keller



I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. ~ Dr. Seuss

4 comments:

Bradley Hsi said...

Always love to read your "Evening, Wisdom and Beauty". they are so refreshing and inspiring.

Peggy said...

Saw your sie note to the person visiting your blog 20 times a day. Strange stuff going on!
The pictures and quotes tonight were just great. Particularly liked Helen keller and the Dr Seuss
quotes
Have a nice day tomorrow!

Lee Spangler said...

As usual I relaxed and was amused by the pix and quotes. I also read your comments on Afghanistan. I have many thoughts on the subject but this subject, although important to discuss, feels toxic right now. "When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die"-Jean Paul Sartre

Kay said...

Wow that last photo's beam of light seemed to come right out of my monitor screen. Beautiful quotes!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time