I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Your friend is your needs answered.
Kahlil Gibran



If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
Rabindranath Tagore



Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Kahlil Gibran



Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.
Kahlil Gibran



Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Tagore

14 comments:

darsden said...

Awesome pictures Love the water fall and the sunset beautiful!

Great Grandma Lin said...

lost you for a while until Caryn asked where you were, so i've got you back on my blog list. enjoyed the sayings and photos.

Kay said...

I love Gibran and your photos put you in just the right mood to read his words.

Sunny said...

I am probably repeating myself when I say that your post is always a lovely way to end the day. Always delightful.
Sunny :)

Light and Voices said...

The quotes you posted are thought provoking. Nice photos.
Joyce M

Lee Spangler said...

Your site prompted me to read the biography of Kahlil Gibran on Wikipedia. Fascinating guy, fascinating life. read The Prophet years ago before I understood anything about anything. tahnks as usual for your posts which exude good will.

Naturegirl said...

Sylvia! Beautiful images and words to remember!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Beautiful series of pictures and quotes to go with them, Sylvia. And thanks for the birthday wishes,
Janice.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your final quote was all about attitude and I think you have the right one.

Deb said...

I always enjoy the words of wisdom and beautiful photos here. This was a great way to start my day.

Jo said...

Wonderful, Sylvia!

Kay said...

you hold such profound wisdom, somedays, I just need to absorb all you write! :)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Sylvia: Beautiful captures and that last sky was so neat.

Danton said...

The lotus flower has a very calming and humbling effect.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time