I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. ~Moshe Dayan



We are each burdened with prejudice; against the poor or the rich, the smart or the slow, the gaunt or the obese. It is natural to develop prejudices. It is noble to rise above them. ~Author Unknown



Judgement prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances. ~Wayne W. Dyer



There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought. ~Charles Kingsley



Prejudices are the chains forged by ignorance to keep men apart. ~Countess of Blessington



No one is free when others are oppressed. ~Author Unknown

8 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

The top photo of the sunset is my favourite, but wow, what wisdom in those quotes tonight. You've left me thinking--Kingsley most of all.

Thanks Sylvia and good night!

Anonymous said...

The fourth and last one are my two favorites. They are just beautiful. :)

Martha Z said...

I always enjoy your evening words and pictures but tonight they are especially wonderful.

Lee Spangler said...

Sorry for visiting so late. Your music is soothing tonight and it makes me feel dreamy.

bobbie said...

That quote about prejudices got to me. As did the crimson sunset.

Alexander said...

Beautiful photos. I like the effects on the water they are lovely. Nice snowy effect on your blog too!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Cody Lee said...

Liberation from oppression through compassion, is the way right now to collective healing it seems : )

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful quotes about prejudice and excellent photos to accompany them, Sylvia! :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time