I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ~Mary Ellen Chase



Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward

Quality begins on the inside... and then works its way out. ~Bob Moawad



Man can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as... from a lack of bread. ~Richard Wright, Native Son, 1940

When your heart speaks, take good notes. ~Judith Campbell



If you would like to spoil the day for a grouch, give him a smile. ~Author Unknown

Smile - it increases your face value. ~Author Unknown

8 comments:

Loran said...

That last picture is particularly beautiful. Thanks for the reminder to remember the spirit of Christmas.

Lee Spangler said...

I like this season because it generally puts people in a good mood. the music, the lights, the energy in the stores, and of course the food! Thanks for sharing your loving spirit tonight.

Anonymous said...

You second photo is just stunning. Is that a moon or sun through there? Excellent I love that one. :)

Bagman and Butler said...

Where do you find all these great quote! I love the one about taking notes when your heart speaks.

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos, wonderful and oh so wise quotes. Thanks for sharing them.

chrome3d said...

Christmas is never under a tree but it´s not in my heart either. Excellent clouds in the first one although that small black thingy in the lower left kinda bugs me slightly.:-)

Tammie Lee said...

so many lovely thoughts and photos. a wonderful start to my day.

Cody Lee said...

If nature had a choice to pick a friend, i believe it would pick the heart.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time