I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet



A wise lover values not so much the gift of the lover as the love of the giver. ~Thomas รก Kempis



A man isn't poor if he can still laugh. ~Raymond Hitchcock



Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. ~Ruth Ann Schabacker



Change always comes bearing gifts. ~Price Pritchett



Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. ~Jean Anouilh

9 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

Your photos are always so beautiful Sylvia.
& so true the quote about laughing-love that!

Wolynski said...

It's snowing on your blog. Yeah, yeah - it's the thought that counts and all that. Actually receiving gifts is not that easy, because it puts you under obligation. Lovely photos and thoughts as usual.

Xavi said...

Hi Sylvia,
Always lovely photos.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed my visit here.
Have a nice day.

Xavi

Kay said...

Very beautiful photos and quotes, Sylvia. It's good to remember these important thoughts.

elvira pajarola said...

ciao Sylvia........I just admired your Pics and the first one is absolutely MAGNIFICIENT; it evoques feelings.....! The last one is so fresh and pleasant; beautiful....!
Have a wonderful day!
elvira

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I'm getting a kick out of the snow. Very festive.

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. And I'm sure glad I'll never be poor :)

nsiyer said...

Great as always, Syvia. The first one of Gibran was a stunner.

chrome3d said...

Aaah, the marina in thr winter light. Me loooove it.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time