I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



The only gift is a portion of thyself. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown



The branches of a tree that are supple and able to bend with the wind are able to survive, while those that are rigid snap, though often they initially appear the strongest. ~ Lee Jampolsky



Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason. ~Author Unknown



Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~Martin Buxbaum



Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

11 comments:

Unknown said...

These quotes were so lovely. Wishing you the loveliest of New Years! Hope all your dreams come true!

SandyCarlson said...

Your views are beautiful. Thanks for bringing me into your gorgeous world.

chrome3d said...

That was so cruel against politicians.:-) I´m so familiar with diapers that I don´t want to compare them to any people. Diapers do not = people or even politicians.

Jama said...

The photos here are so lovely, I like the last one and the second last.

Anonymous said...

Confucius is BRILLIANT!!!!

kRiZcPEc said...

so now as the new year is here in two days, I am sending you a gift - a hug! :)

Unknown said...

new here...nice nice wonderful and expressive place you have here, made me feel so at home.. you bet I'd be back!!
FREE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com

bobbie said...

Supple tree branches are definitely the best.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

I like the comments about politicians - the author was a very clever person.
All the best for the new year.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

Carolyn said...

Thank you for the great quotes. I find it way to easy to get wound up sometimes and reading your posts always grounds me. Thank you Sylvia.
Blessings and smiles

EcoRover said...

Ah, so politicians shouldn't be like trees, and trees like diapers?

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time