I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



This is mainly for women, but these thoughts can give us all something to think about, to consider as a human being.

The Universe doesn't give you the people you want; but it gives you the people you NEED...to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.



One Flaw In Women

Women have strengths that amaze men.....

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry..

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in..

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they

think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what

makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideas.

They give moral support to their

family and friends.

Women have vital things to say

and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

18 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Very very nice and that picture brings a lump to the throat. What lovely women -- at every age.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Women hold families together. So often, (as was the case with my Aunt Betty), the family falls apart when the mother passes.

This post brought a tear to my eye.

Anonymous said...

Don't take no for an answer is sure an understatement. LOL. They are worth their weight I'm gold. :)

Ugich Konitari said...

Sylvia, what wonderful words ! And what a great visual. I think I am going to save this somewhere. Do you know who wrote it ?

kRiZcPEc said...

Here's to all women! Happy 2010!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Great post and wonderful images Ms. Slyvia.

Beautiful thoughts and perfect for introspection.

Happy New Year to you
and to your family. All the best.

Anonymous said...

How we define things and our selves changes with time. This will be a time when how we define what it means to be Human will be like no other time. Balance will finally be put forth into the equation, and what we know now as a woman or man will appear to be a different species.

dianasfaria.com said...

sad but true! though if I may be so bold, I think I can speak for all of womankind when I say "we're working on it"... LOL!

Kathie Brown said...

Very nice post and so true!

Sucharita Sarkar said...

That's so right. We do take ourselves for granted, and the men just follow that.

Naturegirl said...

Beautiful!
Wishing you a Happy New year!

Bagman and Butler said...

Of course, being a man, when I read the first sentence that this was mainly for women, I stopped dead in my tracks and read every word. At 63, I'm still trying to understand you all.

BLOGitse said...

Women rock!
Happy New Year 2010!

Joe Todd said...

I have learned to simply say "Yes dear whatever you want." Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for sharing your world

The Good Life in Virginia said...

such a wonderful post that brought a tear to my eyes. i have enjoyed your posts this past year sylvia and look forward to 2010. many hugs to you.

storyteller said...

Magnificent reminder for us all! May all women everywhere remain true to who we are and known our worth in 2010! I've shared Random Reflections for 2009 at Sacred Ruminations today ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

chrome3d said...

They do confusingly many things and many of them are really contadictory. Maybe you understand them better than me.

Kay said...

This is so lovely, Sylvia. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time