I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Where the White Man Went Wrong

A good friend sent this to me and it gave me a laugh to start the day so I had to share it. Because the print is so small, I've included a typed text.

 
Posted by Picasa


Indian Chief Two Eagles was asked by a white US government official. "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official then replied.

"When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the Chief leaned back and smiled. "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

13 comments:

MorningAJ said...

That's been the white man's problem all over the world!

You have now been tagged. http://morningaj.blogspot.com/2010/06/ive-been-tagged.html
Please join in the fun!

Nessa said...

Well, almost perfect. I don't care for the women doing all the work bit.

:)

Susan at Stony River said...

He who laughs last....
I like this guy!
(also love your new header)

Working all day? Hm, dunno -- depends on how good those nights are I suppose LOL

Janie said...

Ha, ha, I like this world view. By and large, the Native Americans had it right. But maybe not so great that the women did all the camp work.

Carolyn said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Sylvia!!! I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. Your header is wonder. Have a beautiful day and a great week.
Smiles

pink dogwood said...

very funny - and I love your new header - did you make it?

Linda Reeder said...

Well, the old chief had it good anyway.
Is there a story to your new header?

bobbie said...

White man pretty darned dumb!

The header is marvelous!!!

Pat said...

Thanks for the laugh, Sylvia!

Hey, I really like your header drawings--very cute!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

hi Sylvia,
condivido !!!!
Buona giornata.

Anonymous said...

LOL...that was just too funny. And I like women doing all the work ROFLMAO!!! Have a great week ahead :) See ya soon my friend :)

Anonymous said...

OMG...how could I forget to mention that header banner. I just love it :) Well done!!!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

That's great!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time