I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Almost everything in life is easier to get into than out of.
~Agnes' Law



It's so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you.
~Author Unknown



If you keep on saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet. Isaac Bashevis Singer



Life is simple, its just not easy. ~Author Unknown



Today's Multiple Choice Thought
There is no place where a loving touch so completely compensates for an unskilled hand as in:
a. the bedroom
b. the nursery
c. the garden
d. all of the above.
I guess, when you get down to it, a loving touch compensates for an unskilled hand about everywhere except in an airplane cockpit. ~Robert Brault,

20 comments:

Hildred said...

beautiful photos and great bits of wisdom.

Sunny said...

Wonderful, as always!
Sunny :)

Unknown said...

wonderful photos and bits to think about. thanks for sharing.

Kay said...

love the prophet quote! :)

Kay said...

A loving touch compensates no matter where you are.

chrome3d said...

d and more is my choice.

Pearl Maple said...

Lovely photos and words to match. Thanks for sharing with us all.

bobbie said...

Love that first quote!

My name is Riet said...

LOvely pictures and quotes
Have a nice day

Annie said...

Some great photos, and quotes too!

Thanks for visiting my sky photos this week.

Lois said...

Lovely pictures and beautiful thoughts! Thank you for sharing them. You made my day a little better!

Arkansas Patti said...

"If you keep on saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet. Isaac Bashevis Singer" So very true.

The last one had me laughing.

Great Grandma Lin said...

how true...

Daryl said...

Not sure how I managed to miss your interview over at Authorblog but I did ... now I have caught up and had to stop by and say how nice it is to have gotten to know you through your SkyWatch posts

earthtoholly.com said...

Beautiful pics, Sylvia, and I especially like the first of the ocean(?). Thanks for stopping by my place!

Gattina said...

Nice pictures and fitting sayings !

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the shot of the sunlight filtering in through the leaves.

Janie said...

Beautiful photos and quotes. I especially like the last one, about unskilled hands. Yep, my pilot had better be skilled!

Nishant said...

beautiful photos and great bits of wisdom.
Web hosting india

kRiZcPEc said...

I guess d. :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time