I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard



How can you be a sage if you're pretty? You can't get your wizard papers without wrinkles. ~Bill Veeck



Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll. ~Author Unknown



Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. ~Charlie Brown



Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson

9 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

You always send us off to bed with wonderful things to think about! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

We are what we fully focus our attention upon, that is if we truly listen with a quiet mind.

Sleep Well and Dream Well... ~ Slyvia on Top of the Hill.

chrome3d said...

I´m very wrinkly, so where are my wizard papers?

Sunny said...

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson

How very true! Lovely pictures to dream on.
Sunny :)

Lee Spangler said...

Sylvia: I've missed the last couple of days. Glad to be back looking, listening reading your posts. I love the one about peanut butter. fondly, lee

Nishant said...

We are what we fully focus our attention upon, that is if we truly listen with a quiet mind.
Web hosting india

Margaret Gosden said...

Your choice of music goes so well with your landscapes! And your jokes are soo funny -

Laerte Pupo said...

I think five minutes is too much.
One minute is enough to make many mistakes.

storyteller said...

Timely and wonderful as always. What lovely scenic places you have to venture forth ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time