I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



The first one, shadows with such character !

A crisp parade
amidst the green,
they stand
at attention,
throughout
the travels
of
the golden chief
across the sky.

Some gilded moments
speckled in the green,
Some whispers,
about
the clouds
posing audaciously
in the lake.

Soon,
The lights
unfold
across the
faraway hills,
honoring
the effort
of a setting Sun.

They stand
again
at attention
as the Stars
appear and shine.

Salute.
Its time to sing
the Star Spangled Banner
again.....

Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at November 6, 2009 7:37 PM

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
~Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet



A wise lover values not so much the gift of the lover as the love of the giver. ~Thomas รก Kempis



A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown



I didn't want to tell the tree or weed what it was. I wanted it to tell me something and through me express its meaning in nature. ~Wynn Bullock



You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard



It pleases me to take amateur photographs of my garden, and it pleases my garden to make my photographs look professional. ~Robert Brault



There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! ~DeGriff

15 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

The first one, shadows with such character !

A crisp parade
amidst the green,
they stand
at attention,
throughout
the travels
of
the golden chief
across the sky.

Some gilded moments
speckled in the green,
Some whispers,
about
the clouds
posing audaciously
in the lake.

Soon,
The lights
unfold
across the
faraway hills,
honoring
the effort
of a setting Sun.

They stand
again
at attention
as the Stars
appear and shine.

Salute.
Its time to sing
the Star Spangled Banner
again.....

magiceye said...

wonderful quotes,marvelous poem and gorgeous pics!!!! lovely!!

kRiZcPEc said...

anyway I can hug you? Nice quote. Have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

George said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful and the quotes are inspiring. Thank you so very much.

abb said...

Your grasp of beauty is just THERE! Love your pics and the words that go with them.

abb said...

Your grasp of beauty is just THERE! Love your pics and the words that go with them.

Dimple said...

The photos and the thoughts compliment each other, each is lovely in its own way.
Thanks for the visit.

chrome3d said...

I can´t get past those shadows of the trees by the lake to get to something else and sink my teeth in it.

Pearl Maple said...

A beautiful collection of photos to celebrate your views of the sky in a uniquely wonderful landscape. Always enjoy the words you find to share with us as well.

Japa said...

Good words, beautiful pictures we can savor for the rest of the week. Have a good weekend.

Kay said...

These are such lovely quotes and photos to end the week with. Have a great weekend, Sylvia.

kenju said...

Beautiful photos, especially the waterfall.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely quotes and photos are just wonderful.

bobbie said...

Absolutely wonderful, Sylvia! The tree trunks and the poem to accompanying them - just perfect!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time