I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury



And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath



If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison



Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say. ~Sharon O'Brien



Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. ~Mark Twain

Well, considering our language today, this probably isn't as true as it once was, but you can spice up the "damn" and get the same effect -- maybe!
Sylvia



The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

8 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! I love that reflection shot on the lake. It looks like my idea of heaven.

Lonely Rivers said...

Thank you for this inspiring post!

Quilt Works said...

The photo with the clouds reflecting in the pond is fantastic! I can see it being featured as a postcard for an idealic vacation! Great job!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Inspirational.

Deb said...

An excellent post! The images are gorgeous and the quotes the very stuff I need to hear.

Thank you!

Great Grandma Lin said...

very interesting comment about very. i agree...

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Oh I love this post with your fabulous photos and quotes!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and quotes you post. This quote was echoing my status quo so close...

"Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say. ~Sharon O'Brien"

Thank you For sharing.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time