I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



People who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them. ~ Anatole France



Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. ~Andre Gide



We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. ~Anaïs Nin



There is a wisdom of the head, and... a wisdom of the heart. ~Charles Dickens



You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again. ~Bonnie Prudden



The trick is growing up without growing old. ~Casey Stengel

7 comments:

C.M. Jackson said...

sylvia--you are amazing! constant inspiration--thank you! c

christopher said...

Truly there is much wisdom in these quotes tonight...well done...thanks.

chrome3d said...

These days many clocks don´t need to be wind up. They need batteries or maybe even recharged batteries.

Sara Chapman said...

That top sky is so tender and perfect. The days may be gray but when we get that at the edge of the day we feel satisfied.

dianasfaria.com said...

Anais Nin hit the nail on the head with that one!
Thank you so much for your kind comments about my Dad Sylvia, they are much appreciated & will surely bring a smile to my Dad when he reads them.

Randi said...

Beautiful shots and wisdome words.
The 5th picture looks really dramatic!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I love that second photo. Those are just spectacular. :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time