I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
Rumi



Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
Rumi



Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.
Rumi



Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.
Robert Frost



Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
Robert Frost



Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
Kahlil Gibran



Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.
Kahlil Gibran

14 comments:

Morgaine said...

You've quoted some of my favourite authors here. I'm smiling as a result. Thanks, Sylvia!

Icy BC said...

Gorgeous photos, and the quotes are wonderful, inspiring to think differently..

Linda Reeder said...

Good old Robert Frost is with it tonight!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely, wonderful post!

i love it!!

H.S.N PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Wonderful shots! i am so happy, that i found your photography and same sect. i have linked your nice blog in my photography blog. if you link my blog i will more happy. thanks very much

chrome3d said...

I´m not so sure if everybody was made for particular work, unless you count doing nothing and boozing as a particular work.

Anonymous said...

I love Robert Frosts quote. LOL Well done. And the pictures my friend are just tremendous. I love the clouds over the house. Brilliant :)

kRiZcPEc said...

I love what Rumi said, thinking that makes letting go easier. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures..There is something in nature that just calms my mind down..

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I liked Frost's comment about fences.

Unknown said...

Great contrast on the two first shots, both skies are beautiful!

maryt/theteach said...

Magnificent quotes, Sylvia! Of course you chose the most writers, Rumi, Gibran, Frost - just amazing things for them to say and for you to post! Thank you! :)

christopher said...

I especially like the last quote by Kahlil Gibran...so true.

Kay said...

Robert Frost is one smart cookie!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time