I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings



Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern



A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them. ~Leonard Louis Levinson

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan



A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. ~Harry Truman



The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~Benjamin Franklin



Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

11 comments:

Carly said...

The waterfall in the forest is my favorite!

Peggy said...

I love the first and last sky pictures...love your skies.
Ben Franklin sure had a way with words. I'm gonna go out and catch some happiness! He's right!

dianasfaria.com said...

oooh, bathing in mirth, I like that one!
beautiful quotes and landscapes, a nice way to go to sleep for the night!

Lee Spangler said...

I guess there is a lot to be said about having the right attitude. Then again all the right positive thoughts may have little effect on an outcome. I guess if it did, we could will winning the lottery!

Christella D. Moody said...

As usual, great pictures and quotes.

Kay said...

I love Bill Vaughan's quote about the new year. I must be a little of both.

Jenn Jilks said...

Wonderful combination of photos & quotes.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Thank God for the pessimist who invented the parachute!

Gypsy Lala said...

I love the pretty sky.

raf said...

Always a winning combo, Sylvia, your beautiful images of nature and words of wisdom through the ages.
Love that fall masthead picture you're using.

Joe Todd said...

Airplane or parachute some days you need both. Enjoyed the photos and commentary

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time