I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ever Wonder Why??

Why do pharmacies make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

Why do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Why do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER ...

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin ?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Why? Good question.

13 comments:

Dianne said...

OK, so now when are you going to give us all the answers ;)

come on, you know that you know :)

Diwakar Sinha said...

:D hell yeah!

hitch writer said...

LOl... lovely why's !!

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh no... brain 'splode!!!

rofl!

Kay said...

haha excellent laugh followed by a lingering smile! thank you! :)

George said...

Great questions. I especially like that first one.

Christella D. Moody said...

Excellent questions.

bobbie said...

I like the first one the best. It's SUCH a long walk!

K. said...

"Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke."

This reminds of the time that I had to bring my late wife to the ER for some stitches. We're waiting to be checked in when a guy in his late 40s or early 50s comes in complaining of chest pains. He was easily 75 pounds overweight, and we could smell the cigarettes on him across the waiting area. Needless to say, the staff rushed him to the front of the line.

Later, when my wife was admitted, we passed this guy in a bed. He had wires and sensors hooked up all over his body, and his anxious wife had just arrived. And I heard him ask -- and I'm not making this up -- "I'm hungry. Could you go out and get me a bucket of fried chicken?" He didn't say whether he wanted a Diet Coke with that!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Why, why, why?

robin andrea said...

Excellent questions. I've wondered about some of this stuff myself.

Kay said...

This is really great! I love the psychic one especially!

magiceye said...

why indeed!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time