I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Male or Female???

You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples:


FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.


PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong Buttons.


TIRES: Tires are male, because they go bald easily and are often over inflated


HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under their butt.


SPONGES: These are female, because they are soft, squeezable and retain water.


WEB PAGES:
Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.


TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines for picking up people.


EGG TIMERS: Egg timers are female because, over time, all the weight shifts to the bottom.


HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.


THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying.

New Law:

With the high rate of attacks on women in secluded parking lots, especially during evening hours, the Minneapolis City Council has established a 'Women Only' parking lot at the Mall of America Even the parking lot attendants are exclusively female so that a comfortable and safe environment is created for patrons.

Below is the first picture available of this world-first women-only parking lot in Minnesota .

12 comments:

Mare said...

I always leave your blog smiling! Very funny male/female objects! And I thought you were serious about the parking lot. Ya got me!!!

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, very funny - really - until you got to that last hit. I call foul! By the way, I'm watching a Seahawks train wreck on TV as I check blogs.

Anonymous said...

LOL! VERY funny! ;-)

Paz

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Hilarious!! I needed a laugh - especially after posting a depressing story.

They were all great - but loved the last one. I'm going to drag my train in to read these :)

Diana Chiew said...

This is interesting...hahaha!

Great Grandma Lin said...

too funny because it's too true...

Darlene said...

This is sooo funny. I think the parking photo is kind of snarky, though. ;-)

Quilt Works said...

Very funny! Thanks for the giggles

♥ Braja said...

Very funny :)

magiceye said...

that was hilarious!

jabblog said...

Hilarious! The women-only parking lot had my husband roaring with laughter . . .

Sujatha Bagal said...

This was hilarious, Sylvia! Yup, I fell for the parking lot story too. Just recently they started women-only trains in India and so I went right along with this one. :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time