I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. ~Victor Borge



A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road. ~Henry Ward Beecher



A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. ~Attributed to Arthur McBride Bloch



Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure. ~Murphy's Law



The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one. ~Erma Bombeck



As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold. ~Author Unknown



Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. ~Will Rogers

10 comments:

The Grandpa said...

That last quote was funny. :0)

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. And laughter ia the key to many things. :)

Anonymous said...

Conclusions are a con and an illusion. The story is forever unfolding.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I'm picking Erma and Will Rogers as my favorites.

Lee Spangler said...

Yes I know aging is what you make it, but tonight I looked in the mirror and I am ready to turn gray back to blond and receding hairline to curls!

Kay said...

I really love Murphy's Law. So true, don't you think?

bobbie said...

These get better every day, Sylvia. But I don't stay up late enough. I read them in the morning. It's a nice way to start my day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, and a rueful but very true collection of quotes. The value of beauty and humor in life can't be overstated.

Elaine Yim said...

Looking at your pictures and quotes gives me inspiration.

elvira pajarola said...

....This magnificient waterfall is absolutely stunning.....one can feel the freshness of the water-dusts....!
All my COMPLIMENTS for your wonderful work on Friday Skywatch and My World; It's my enormous pleasure to join you!!!!!!!!!
Thank YOU!!!
have a wonderful weekend!
ciao elvira

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time