I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn in Seattle -- Another Part of My World

We don't have the brilliant autumn colors here in the northwest that you find in New England states, but as I drove around our neighborhood yesterday I found a few beautiful colors along with one of my favorite parks overlooking Puget Sound. We've had some truly beautiful days lately and they have helped soothe all the bad feelings regarding the election, the nasty plots, the fear, the anger and concern. We need these beautiful things, scenery to nourish our hope, to remind of us of what is really important. It is there all around us in nature, in the faces of children, the closeness of families and friends and pets. But we do have to take off the blinders and remember to breathe deeply. So, I wish you all a beautiful day from Seattle.


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Unknown said...

In New England, fall envelops ... in other places, like yours, you have to travel to find it. Still in others, like south Florida, you have to look for other signs: for us, its the falling of the cypress needles.

Rain Trueax said...

Beautiful photos. I like the Puget Sound region and looks like you live in a pretty part of it

Margie's Musings said...

Wonderful photos, Sylvia! That part of the country must be lovely this time of year.

Linda said...

Wonderful pictures. I can see you're out and about with camera in hand. That's great!

 gmirage said...

Wow the first tree is surely a brilliant red!!!! I love it, you should join it on Ruby Tuesday too!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing your part of the world...also for your visit and comment.

Darlene said...

You are as good a photographer as you are a blogger. Wonderful photos, Sylvia. I wonder what the first tree is? Other than a Maple, I have never seen a tree as red.

Darlene said...

You are as good a photographer as you are a blogger. Wonderful photos, Sylvia. I wonder what the first tree is? Other than a Maple, I have never seen a tree as red.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Sylvia. Isn't Fall a wonderful time of year.

Lilly said...

Oh my, how gorgeous are these! You are so right what you say. We need to focus on the positives and nature is a wonderful place to start. Love your photograpahy you have a real eye for it.

MaR said...

Beautiful pictures!! I live in a pine tree area...which is green all year'round!!

Anonymous said...

I'm finally making my way here! SO busy with the crunch time of the final days volunteering on Obama's campaign.
These photos are simply gorgeous! Spectacular colors. I'm originally from New England...and these certainly rival their foliage.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time