I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun in the Fog

It was very foggy this morning and my son, Adam, mentioned it might be good for some interesting shots at the beach. He was working from home today and about lunch time he suggested we take off and see what I could find. We loaded both dogs into the car and took off. It was perfect! Here you see an empty nest in a nearly bare tree. Click on any of the photos to enlarge.
Here on the sand I could look up and see all the fall colors. It could have felt really lonely and isolated I guess, but it didn't. There was a stillness, a peacefulness that made it one of those priceless moments that you know you'll never forget. Just me and Adam and the dogs and beauty all around.
A lone crow in another nearly bare tree and Adam and Mojo on the sidewalk.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

what a fun time and to share it with your son makes it more enjoyable...memories to treasure.

Mari Meehan said...

I wish the fog I've been in was as pretty as yours!

judi/Gmj said...

Retirement is fun isn't it! Wonderful post. Thanks for stopping by mine. See ya later..

Anonymous said...

I agree, fog can be very cozy, especially when shared. Those are really nice photos.

Mare said...

The fall colors are very inviting! And the four legged companions are always an added adventure.

Rain Trueax said...

Beautiful photos. I love the Puget Sound. You are lucky to live right on it that way and to be able to just go over on a whim, wonderful

The Cunning Runt said...

These are beautiful - I love this time of the year!

And I too go out on foggy/rainy days, looking for this kind of atmosphere and atmospherics.

Today turned wintry, though, and I had to white-knuckle it up over the hills in a blizzard to get home - no snow tires yet...

As they say, "It weren't nuttin' nice!"

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time