I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween's Not Just for Kids It Seems

My son Adam is a technical engineer for Clearwire, a wireless provider and for the past few days he has been telling me about all the serious planning for the Halloween blowout at his office. Even he was amazed at all that was going on -- decorating all the offices, costumes -- the works. So, this morning he asked if I'd like to go over and see for myself. Of course, I grabbed the camera and said, 'let's go!'

Even after all he had told me about it, I was amazed when we walked in and here are a few shots of what grown-ups???? can do when they play like kids! It was really fun to see all of the offices on two floors totally dressed up to entertain the ghosts and goblins! Hey, whoever said we had to stop playing just because we got big? As usual, you can click on the photo for a scarier look!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only is that fun to see, but I'm sure was very fun to do! I like to see such creativity encouraged in the workplace. Now, if we can just get art, music and other right-brained studies back in the schools, we can lay a great foundation in future generations!

bobbie said...

Looks like they had a great time. In the early years when I started working for the Township, we all always dressed in costumes for Halloween. Had a lot of fun in other ways too. But in later years things changed, and sadly all that was over.

Great Grandma Lin said...

sounds like fun for the workers and a needed break from being serious.

Lilly said...

What fun - its a reminder that we are never to old to enjoy fun. They did a great job in his office I think - love the hand - it would turn me off the candy!! PS Wish probably would be a good thing mind you!

Kay said...

That is so fabulous. It's good to see young at heart grown-ups.

Kate said...

Morning Sylvia - What a fun place to be and work . Looking at the goodies (candies) on show I think it was a fantastic idea to have a bloody hand just lying there.. I would certainly have me off indulging in them !

Anonymous said...

This is great! As my blog from yesterday also proved....us grown-ups just love to have an excuse to play! OF course, us grown-ups on the island HAD to make it political....lol
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time