I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

After the Rain

It was a rainy day today, that is until just before the sunset and I decided to see if I could get some photos. As I went out to my car I looked up and saw a tiny sliver of a rainbow -- you may have to enlarge the photo to see it(click on the photo), but it's there, a tiny sliver of hope for a better day and I thought -- how appropriate!
Then I headed to the park above the harbor and caught the sun making a surprise appearance before settling down for its evening rest.
And as it broke through the clouds I thought -- again, how appropriate for now, those fingers of light that drive away the darkness.
Then, on my way home, I saw another one of those brilliant red trees/bushes! Not sure exactly what they are, but from what I've been able to find out they're in the maple family. Needless to say, it was a fun way to end the day. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them. Happy weekend!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! What gorgeous photos! Those are amazing skies and I love the color on those bushes.

Margie's Musings said...

What beautiful photos!!

bobbie said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I found your bit of a rainbow. And that red leafed maple is magnificent!

Lilly said...

Oh I love rainbows Sylvia - they are the sign of better things to come. Your photography skills are really wonderful. Who knows where it might lead. Its also good to see all those rich coloured leaves too - Autumn is a great time of year. There is a song I love called Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy. Google it on You Tube. Its just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love it when you take us on a tour with you. Great photos!

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun photos, sunset and clouds add a little sun and it's a recipe for great photos.

Judy said...

Those photos are just amazing. I love the bush, too. It is just beautiful. We have some bushes here like that and most people call them "burning" bushes. I am sure that is not the real name for them though. I did see the rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! You live in such a beautiful place.

Darlene said...

Keep on clicking that shutter. You are giving pleasure to so many with your photos. I really enjoy seeing the area you live in.

Dianne said...

I see the tiny rainbow!! and I feel the hope :)

the reds in the trees and that shrub are so vivid

beautiful shots

Anonymous said...

I certainly DID enjoy looking at your photos. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the rainbow and I've always considered rainbows very significant for good things. All of your photos were very appropriate for the hope and light we're waiting for.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

storyteller said...

These skies look similar to ours, but we’ve not yet gotten more than a few drizzles … though I’m still hoping for rain. I love the fall colors too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time