I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


It's been a lovely day -- not quite as much sun as I would have liked, but much warmer and in a way the beautiful colors seem even more beautiful against the gray/blue skies. So, I decided to share not only the lovely colors, but the lovely words that some have written about spring. This line by Gzowski does indeed express my feelings lately!!

We need spring. We need it desperately, and, usually, we need it before God is willing to give it to us.
- Peter Gzowski

But as you wind down your day, take time to appreciate the beauty that can be seen most everywhere -- if you take the time to look.


And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Sensitive Plant

Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring
The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To fly--and Lo! the Bird is on the Wing.
- Omar Khayyám


Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.
- Virgil A. Kraft

18 comments:

Martha Z said...

Great pictures and words to welcome spring.

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, did you take these pictures yourself? If so, you are a superb photographer!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Sylvia,

These are wonderful pics of the beauty of Spring.

U

Lilly said...

Beautiful photos Sylvia. nothing like a beautiful bud or two to make everything alright in the world.

Sylvia K said...

Thanks Gigi, I did take them -- my latest passion! I've only been doing playing with the camera for about six months. I'm glad you like them and thanks for the compliment and your comments, always!

Great Grandma Lin said...

love your spring photos...we are getting hot here 82 degrees today so we are heading north to see some real spring.

Semi Permanent Make Up said...

nice photograph.wonderful sping.nothing like a beautiful nature.

wispy willow said...

Your post was sweet refreshment. Thank you for sharing your talents and some deeply beautiful quote with us. It was poifect!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like colour and abundance has arrived into your life Sylvia.

What I have noticed is that when we desperately want something, we actually keep it at arms length away from us. It becomes a state of grasping. When we finally surrender to the wanting, then it will arrive at our doorstep as a seemingly complete surprise.

Kay said...

Oh my heavens! This is just gorgeous!!! I do so love spring. I hope to see all this when we leave for Seattle and Canada this week.

Rajesh said...

Very beautiful pictures.

Chubby Chieque said...

Thanks for visiting us.

Mum wants the flowers in her garden, he he...

Enjoy the rest of the day.
liz

Deborah Godin said...

It seems so slow here this year, we're still waiting for color - so these pics are very appreciated!

ahab said...

Lovely post, Sylvia. Thanks, and enjoy your Spring! (Ain't it grand?)

Susie of Arabia said...

I love this time of year in your neck of the woods (sigh...)

sunnymama said...

Beautiful, colourful pictures! Lovely :)

The Retired One said...

Ooooo..the flowers and blossoms pictures were fantastic!!

The Retirement Chronicles

Linda Reeder said...

It was definately spring today. What an amazing blue the sky was!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time