Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
|A lovely sunset at the harbor!|
|My favorite turtle friends!|
|Reflection of the stormy clouds in our back window!|
Thursday, November 25, 2010
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
There Are Perks to Getting Older!! Really!!Someone had to remind me, so I'm sharing this with you guys, too. Don't laugh.....it is all true....
01. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
02.. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
03. No one expects you to run--anywhere.
04. People call at 9 pm and ask,"did I wake you?"
05. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
06. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
07. Things you buy now won't wear out.
08. You can eat supper at 4 pm.
09. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. You can't remember who sent you this list.
20.And you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience.
Now, tell every one you can remember right now!
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
You have been chosen to receive the blessing of the Snow Fairy. The Snow Fairy can bring you good fortune for one whole year. May YOU be blessed by his good deeds.....
|Thanks for this one, Arija!|
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
|That's My World is hosted each week by Klaus and the My World team, Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and me. Join us and share your world with others from all over Our World! Just click on the post title, read the rules, sign up and play with us! So! How is your world this week? Have you taken time to see the beauty there? What is it about your world that makes you smile or laugh or feel grateful for? Well, it has been a stormy, windy, cold week and they're predicting snow over the next couple of days! But who knows???? The first shot was just an incredibly lucky break taken Saturday evening and it still takes my breath away! And the last shot was taken ten minutes ago, the snow is falling and quite heavily!!|
If we would learn what the human race really is at bottom, we need only observe it in election times. — Mark Twain
and crackling leaves
and she looks around
the empty trees,
stark in the dark....
There is a definite chill,
the roughness on her face,
brownish in patches;
and so she
will sit and pine
and grow thinner
day by day,
a sliver of her old self.
and Christmas flake moisturizers,
coming up soon,
make her smile,
and touch her face again.
Dancing with the Stars....
The time for Thanksgiving has come.....
Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over the Hill at November 22, 2010 7:44 PM
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old.
|There are lies, damned lies and statistics. |
|The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.|
|Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.|
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Susan at Stony River Farm hosts Microfiction Monday. She posts a picture and you compose a story in 140 characters. You can click on the title to get further instructions. To help you along she has posted a wonderful link that counts your characters for you! How great is that! You can get the counter at Design 215.
This meme is easy and it's fun! Thanks, Susan for hosting.
And here's the picture for the day!
And here's the picture for the day!
What are you staring at, you two-legged Twit? You want to know what NF stands for?
Well, how about NO FUN. NO F FUN if it was up to me!