1. In my mid twenties, living in Dallas, Texas I studied acting with Sidney Lumet’s father and ended up performing for over a year with a group he put together.
2. At twenty-eight I decided I wanted to teach school and returned to college. I paid my tuition that first year by working with a musical group that performed six nights a week in one of the local bar/coffee houses in Dallas. Not getting to bed until two in the morning surely made it hard to get to my seven o’clock classes on time since I lived in Dallas and went to school at the university in Denton – about thirty miles away. It was still fun though. Needless to say, I only did it for one year.
3. I’ve become a photography freak, can’t get enough, it’s a wonder I don’t sleep with my camera – my son’s camera that is. Good thing he doesn’t use it that much because I do. Most fun I’ve had in years! Fortunately, the cameras these days only require that you point and shoot and that’s about all I’m capable of, but it’s still fun!
4. I love to write, have ever since I was a little girl and cut pictures out of my mother’s magazines and wrote my own stories to go with them. I published a few things during my life, nothing major. But I did get carried away and enter the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest last year and managed to get to the semi-finals. I was pretty pleased with that because there were 8,000 entries.
5. I love to cook, but these days both my son and I watch our diets and the fun things to cook are not necessarily low-fat or terribly healthy. Ah, but with the holidays coming up, I bet I cheat – just a little!
6. When my kids Dad and I were living in Europe, he participated in a fencing tournament sponsored by the French Troops in Germany. The American team won the tournament and at the party later that evening I was asked to lead off the dancing for the evening with the Commander of the French Troops in Germany. One of those giggly fun moments.
So, now come the rules for Six Random Facts, they're pretty straightforward:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, now I'm going to go on my on tagging spree. And, as Deborah told me, this can be Tagging Without Obligation, so don't worry if you're busy and want to pass. I'm sure there will be
Kate at Shambles Manor
Kay Travelers Wife
June 70 Plus and Still Kicking
Dianne Forks Off The Moment
Glinda Soaring With Glinda
Judy Living on the Other Side of the Hill