I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wish a Soldier a Merry Christmas and Say Thanks

XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL

If you go to this web site, http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's.
Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, so glad to see that being done! Can't imagine what it would be like to spend this special time away from loved ones, and in such danger and hardship.

Also, will just tack this on - I'm tagging you with a meme in a post I'm putting up later this afternoon. It's 'obligation-free' but do stop by if you have a moment.

Great Grandma Lin said...

good suggestion, will try out the website. thanks for the idea.

Susan at Stony River said...

What a SWEET thing! I'll go click, and will post about it too (need to get around to that sometime this weekend...LOL)

Thank you for sending it on! I'm one of those who's against that war, but very VERY much wanting to support each and every person on its front lines.

Sylvia K said...

Susan, Like you I'm am so totally against the war, but the men and women in Iraq deserve to know that we care about them. Thanks for posting it on your site, too.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time