I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter

Our temperatures in Seattle are not as extreme as in other areas of the country and we slip a little more slowly into each season as the months go by. The red leaves linger until the winds pick up over the Sound and strips the trees, but even then a few stubborn ones hold on for a bit longer.

I drove around the neighborhood and the park above the harbor on a foggy day this past weekend and got some shots I thought I'd share with you.

The benches are empty.

Fog, mysterious, ghostly.Still holding on.
A touch of color, red amongst the evergreen, a few bare limbs.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Winter i beautiful too....but I don't like it.

Great Grandma Lin said...

fog gives such a misty other worldly feeling. nice photos.

Kay Dennison said...

Snowing in Ohio -- it's pretty to look at but hell for driving.

Great photos!!!

Linda Reeder said...

Looks like home!

Rinkly Rimes said...

I gazed longingly at your pictures today. It was 93 degrees F.

Fida said...

You still seem to have a few leaves hanging on to trees - ours are bare... I love these misty pictures. And Winter anyway :-)

Kay said...

Fog is so mysterious. Your photos are fabulous!

bobbie said...

I love the quality that fog brings to a photo.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time