I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Can't We?


If you don't already think animals are far more spiritually advanced than we humans, think again.

Stuart Brown describes Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear coming upon tethered sled dogs in the wilds of Canada 's Hudson Bay .
The photographer was sure that he was going to see the end of his dogs when the polar bear wandered in, but he was amazed -- so was I!
The Polar Bear returned every night that week to play with the dogs.

Considering the horror of this past week and in particular the sad picture I posted yesterday, I found these photos all the more amazing. I seems we could, indeed, learn something from animals.
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care






If you want to see another amazing example of the love animals can feel check out this video that was sent to me after I posted this originally by my friend Kay in Hawaii . Check out her site at http://travelerswife.blogspot.com/





15 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

What a wonderful outcome to such a scary situation!

Thank you for sharing the photos and the wish; all are lovely.

Kay Dennison said...

These photos are phenomenal!

Kay said...

Good gosh! That is the most amazing thing. I saw another incredible video on Yahoo. If I can find it, I'll e-mail it to you.

Kay said...

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=10849410

Here's that video I mentioned.
I love your photos!

Judy said...

These are just great. I really enjoyed looking at them. Thanks.

Fida said...

Words fail me to describe my feelings…

Margie's Musings said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

As a symbol of what we humans can strive for, this can't be beat!

Fida said...

Hi, Sylvia
I enjoy your blog very much. And thank you for becoming my follower - it's like an early Christmas present :-) But maybe you want to follow the "Wild Wanderings" blog instead of "Gone Wild" - I absolutely don't go wild at the moment - it's planned to become a blog in German, since my friends always ask me what I am up to. Thank you again!

maryt/theteach said...

Sylvia, these are wonderful, inspiring photos! :)

storyteller said...

The first time I saw these photos a few months ago I thought they were a marvelous lesson for mankind, and seeing them here reminds me of what's possible. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow, amazing photos. wonder how old the bear is...

Anonymous said...

Nature continues to surprise and thrill us.
Sheryl
www.justmypointofview.wordpress.com

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Sylvia,

I'm so happy I found you over at Fida's or I would have missed this extraordinary post.

God bless,
Annie

Rinkly Rimes said...

Those animal photos were a real find!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time