I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. ~ T. S. Eliot



Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's. ~ Billy Wilder



Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. ~ Joyce Brothers



The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. ~ Isaac Asimov, Isaac Asimov's Book of Science and Nature Quotations, 1988

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson



Wisdom outweighs any wealth. ~ Sophocles

9 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

I am first! Thanks for sharing! And have a great day

Rinkly Rimes said...

I love the Asimov quote and the beautiful flower. Thank you.

chrome3d said...

My own mistakes keep on piling and somewhere along the way they add up to wisdom of life. Thanks Billy/Sylvia.

Lee Spangler said...

I am glad I visited your site tonight and saw the L's and the quotes and pix. It is always a full meal.

Susan at Stony River said...

Asimov was a wise wise man. I always love your landscapes but today the rose is just perfect! White and apricot are my favourite roses, but this one's a stunner.

Arkansas Patti said...

Isaac Asimov says it scarily well.
Thanks for the lovely pictures and thought provoking quotes.

Great Grandma Lin said...

we do learn wisdom from our mistakes, unfortunately

Anonymous said...

Each one of us has a unique language even though many may be speaking English. The secret then is to translate what everyone is saying into your own language. Then we may come close to understanding anothers perspective.

Christella D. Moody said...

Love your quotes. That white rose is coming to my desktop for a future painting in another color. Love it.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time