I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

First of all a big sigh of relief that the tsunami warning was canceled for Hawaii. So many dear friends there that I would never want to be subject to one of mother nature's scarier sides. Thanks so much to Thom, for keeping us updated throughout the day!



Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Anais Nin



Music fills the infinite between two souls ~
~Rabindranath Tagore



The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.
~Anais Nin



We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
~Anais Nin



Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. ~
~Rabindranath Tagore



Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. ~
~Rabindranath Tagore

11 comments:

Suz said...

found you through skywatch
Love your photos and your quotes...
lovely blog...I'll be back

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the second quote from Nin.

Linda Reeder said...

My thoughts are still lingering on that first quote.

Anonymous said...

Your last quote is right on the money. Love it. Have a great day tomorrow my friend :)

The insanity of it all said...

These are some great quotes. I love all of your pictures they are great. I am having fun looking for shadows I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. I just got started with mine so I am learning how to do all of it.

dianasfaria.com said...

excellent photos & quotes- as always! & I love the dark trees against the sky.

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous collection of quotes and images.

chrome3d said...

The first cloud photo sure expanded my heart right in front of my eyes.

Depth of friendship...maybe there is something. I have to think about it like always after being here.

Grayquill said...

Gotta love those daisies.

Louise said...

So many beautiful things. I especially love the sky and the purple, hanging flowers.

Susan at Stony River said...

Wonderful evening post again Sylvia!

I'm thanking the heavens that the tsunami didn't do much damage in Hawaii, and that everyone was so well prepared; Thom's photos were amazing. Prayers continuing for Chile...
:*(

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time