I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So How's Your Day Going???


I had this scheduled a couple of days ago -- before the latest tragedy, and perhaps I should have posted something less silly, but in spite of everything these days, we can't forget to smile, to find SOMETHING that we can smile about -- even if it's a silly cat or a group of silly cats. If we get to a point where we can find nothing to make us smile even a little, then what hope do we have??
This

is how I heard YOUR day was going....
First

you had trouble getting out of bed

You

had a stiff neck

Your

new diet really doesn't seem to be working out

You

pulled a muscle when you tried to exercise

You

keep losing things

You

got caught in the rain at lunchtime

Then

the lunch you had didn't seem to agree with you

You

feel trapped

Uninvited

guests showed up at dinnertime

On

top of that you think you're coming down with

the flu

And

finally, you're alone in the house at night when

you think you hear a noise in the basement

MAYBE

TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!!
Thought

for the Day

Handle

every stressful
situation like a
dog.
If you can't eat it or play with
it,
Just pee on it and walk away.


*******************************************************************************


RELAX!!!

Have a fabulous
STRESS

FREE Day!
  






11 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That caught in the rain picture is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures and commentary! Thanks for the laugh, Sylvia.

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for the smiles. :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Indeed, even in such times, humour must prevail. Thank you and God Bless.

Jo said...

Thanks for the smiles, Sylvia.

Merisi said...

Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through
for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness Although a tear may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile what’s the use of crying
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you’ll just
Smile

(to the melody from Charly Chaplin's "Modern times)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are right -- we need to smile. And this post worked for that. The caught in the rain at lunch shot was my favorite because as you know I lived and worked in Eugene for all those years and um...I have gotten back to work looking just like that or worse quite a few times ;>)

magiceye said...

Wonderful advice!! :D

SandyCarlson said...

This puts stress in perspective. Leave it to the dogs!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The pulling a muscle I understand very well Sylvia..ouch! But these pics made me laugh so much thanks..

Arija said...

I do love the advice at the end. I can just see us like Dutch women of the seventeenth century - just spread you legs and do it . . .

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time