I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Long Live Friendship!!


The zoo keepers found an old sick dog on the grounds in the
   park at the zoo where the orangutan lived and
took the dog to the animal treatment center.

The dog arrived at the same time the orangutan was there being
                         treated...

The 2 lost souls met and have been inseparable ever since.
The orangutan found a new reason to live and each always
        tries his best to be a good companion to his new found friend.
They are together 24 hours a day in all their activities.


They live in Northern California where
 swimming is their favorite past time,
Although Roscoe (the orangutan) is a little afraid of the water
and needs his friend's help to swim.

Together  they have discovered the joy and laughter in life and
                         the value of friendship.

They have found more than a friendly shoulder to lean on.

Long Live Friendship!
I don't know... Some say life is too short, others say it is too long,
But I know that nothing that we do makes sense if we don't
have Love to Share, Health to Spare, and Friends who Care...
Even if they are a little hairy at times.

8 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great story, friends are everything.

Lowell said...

Fabulous story and post. What a couple of great characters. Remind me of some humans I know!

Have a wonderful day!

TexWisGirl said...

so very sweet!

Maude Lynn said...

That is the sweetest thing!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Sigh - soooooooooo wonderful!!! YAM xx

magiceye said...

A heartwarming tale indeed!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful story Sylvia.. j'adore the last shot :)

carol l mckenna said...

These photos are so precious and photography is great ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time