I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Another Look at People from the Past!!

I have removed a pic that showed Hitler in the background, it was never meant to insult/offend anyone but it did and I do apologize. Just another look at history that always seems to include the good, the bad and the ugly!

Steven Spielberg sits in the mechanical shark used in JAWS

Howard Carter, an English archaeologist, examining the opened sarcophagus of King Tut.

The first Walmart store opened in 1962


Amelia Earhart getting her last haircut - 1937


Steve Jobs sitting with Bill Gates discussing the future of computing in 1991.


Martin Luther King Jr, and Marlon Brando


The Beatles and Ali - 1964


Diane Keaton and Al Pacino on set for The Godfather 1972




11 comments:

Mersad said...

I am enjoying these as well! Keep posting them please.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

lotusleaf said...

I enjoyed going through them. Thanks for sharing,Sylvia.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
...some poignant, some fun...the first one is downright haunting. Great finds Sylvia! YAM xx

Jo said...

I only realized now that Amelia Earhart was quite manly. Loved the post again, Sylvia!

TexWisGirl said...

loved spielberg. :)

cieldequimper said...

I'm sorry but I'd rather not see Hitler. It offends me (and a few others I imagine).

Jack said...

An interesting series, Sylvia. That Walton store looked like several small stores in my hometown. Who would have guessed what would spring from it.

magiceye said...

Beautiful moments in time

Unknown said...

Spielberg shot is the best!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Can never have too many of these classic images Sylvia, love them.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time