I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Creative Anger Management - Tonight's Humor

As I was preparing my earlier post today regarding Rush Limbaugh, I suddenly realized I was gritting my teeth and muttering obscenities under my breath -- so I didn't scare the dogs, they're very sensitive and don't like it when I'm obviously upset -- they always take it personally. And about the same time I received an email from a neighbor and I wondered if he'd been peeking through the window! Whatever, this was what he sent, you might try it when you have one of "those" days!

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make.
I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying 'Hello.'
I politely said, 'This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?'

Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear 'Get the right f*** ing number!' and the phone was slammed down on me.

I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits.

After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled 'You're an asshole!' and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, 'You're an asshole !' It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic asshole calling would have to stop.

So, I called his number and said, 'Hi, this is John Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?'

He yelled 'NO!' and slammed down the phone. I quickly called him back and said, 'That's because you're an asshole!' and hung up.

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me.

I noticed a 'For Sale' sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number. A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his number on speed dial), I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.

I said, 'Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?'

He said, 'Yes, it is.'

I asked, 'Can you tell me where I can see it?'

He said, 'Yes, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in Fairfax. It's a yellow rambler, and the car's parked right out in front.'

I asked, 'What's your name?'

He said, 'My name is Don Hansen.'

I asked, 'When's a good time to catch you, Don?'

He said, 'I'm home every evening after five.'

I said, 'Listen, Don, can I tell you something?'

He said, 'Yes?'

I said, 'Don, you're an asshole!'

I then hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too. Now, when I had a problem, I had two assholes to call.

Then I came up with an idea...

I called Asshole #1.

He said, 'Hello.'

I said, 'You're an asshole!'

(But I didn't hang up.)

He asked, 'Are you still there?'

I said, 'Yeah.'

He screamed, 'Stop calling me!'

I said, 'Make me.'

He asked, 'Who are you?'

I said, 'My name is Don Hansen.'

He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live?'

I said, 'Asshole, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd , in Fairfax, a yellow rambler, I have a black Beamer parked in front.'

He said, 'I'm coming over right now, Don and you had better start saying your prayers.'

I said, 'Yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole,' and hung up.

Then I called Asshole No. 2.

He said, 'Hello?'

I said, 'Hello, asshole.'

He yelled, 'If I ever find out who you are...'

I said, 'You'll what?'

He exclaimed, 'I'll kick your ass,'

I answered, 'Well, asshole, here's your chance.

I'm coming over right now.'

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in Fairfax, and that my gay lover was on his way over to kill me.

Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down on Oaktree Blvd. in Fairfax.

I quickly got into my car and headed over to Fairfax I got there just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.

NOW I feel much better...
Anger management works!

13 comments:

magiceye said...

lol!
that was hilarious!!!!

Tumblewords: said...

I may have to print this out in case I decide to take the course. I'm about half frightened that I might give my own address and end up being kicked around by a plethora of arseholes. What a hoot this is! Love it!

antigoni said...

Is this a true story? I can't believe it. It is so funny. But i couldn't do that. I quess i'm too coward. I'm afraid that everything will turn against me.

Sharmistha Guha said...

HI!! A first timer to your blog!!!
This was just TOO GOOD!!! I still am grinning even as I type....
Great sense of humour.....

Carolina said...

LOL
What a great idea!!!!! Hilarious story. Hmmmm, came over for your G-post (being careful what I'm typing), but this isn't it, is it? Have I missed something? I'll go back to your blog and scroll down. Thanks for the laugh!

Margie's Musings said...

You've got to be kidding!

Cat said...

Thank you...I needed a good laugh this morning!

pink dogwood said...

funny story - though you might want to try a few old fashioned breathe in, breathe out instead :)

Peggy said...

You are so funny. Please sign me up for this class.
I am so mad at sears right now, wonder if it works on retail!
You make me smile and I love that !

Anonymous said...

haha! You had me enthralled from the get go!

Kay said...

Gracious! How did I get so far back with your posts? I just saw this on Gigi's blog who said she got it from you. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, anger management indeed. Love it. Too funny.

Bagman and Butler said...

Thank you for this blog. Now I finally understand why I ended up on the 6 o'clock news in handcuffs and am now getting invitations to the Gay Pride March every year. You have helped me get in touch with my true self and when I find a State that will allow my partner and I to marry, I'll invite you to the wedding.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time