I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Evening Wisdom, Thoughts and Beauty



Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dennis Wholey



The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations




In life, as in restaurants, we swallow a lot of indigestible stuff just because it comes with the dinner. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that's worth mentioning? ~Coleman Cox

8 comments:

chrome3d said...

Oh, that was the reason I wasn´t feeling that well after being in restaurant last weekend...

Gaelyn said...

Wonderful captures and quotes.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

I love that last one. I'm going to remember that.

Susan at Stony River said...

The bull quote really made me stop and think... so true! LOL

Beautiful photos as always Sylvia; I feel spoiled rotten whenever I visit you.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful pics....and LOVE the quotes!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

there are a lot of pebbles on that beach.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great shots and I love the quotes.
:-)

kRiZcPEc said...

indigestible stuff that were served...now what did I put into my mouth?
And I don't remember what I did yesterday!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time