I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length. ~Robert Frost



Laughter is an orgasm triggered by the intercourse of sense and nonsense. ~Author Unknown



Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing. ~Ken Kesey



The best way for a person to have happy thoughts is to count his blessings and not his cash. ~Author Unknown



Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. ~Victor Hugo



Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck

10 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Hurray for happy! I love the quotes tonight Sylvia, thanks!

Anonymous said...

These are all so true. I especially like the first laughter one. :)

Peggy said...

I love your quotes on happy !
They make me happy!
Thx Sylvia

George said...

I think all of these quotes are priceless (and true). Thanks for the great photos to accompany them.

Jim Klenke said...

thats a beautiful coast line.

Grayquill said...

Great pictures and why wouldn't they be - Syliva took them.
Brilliant colors.
Laughter makes good medicine.

Lee Spangler said...

Just checking back in from several days of not being on line. Glad to see your musings and pix. wrote you back re: letter from your Aus friend.

bobbie said...

I love these. Never heard that one from Frost before. Good one.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

I think the second one is my favourite - it would be lovely and so relaxing ro drive along that road with the water on your left. So very scenic.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You got me off to a good start on my day. Perfect pairings of quotes and photos.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time