I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain



Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. ~Doug Larson



The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.
Robert Frost



There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate.
Robert Frost



Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
Anais Nin



Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live.
Anais Nin

8 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

These are all beautiful photos and each is definitely something to think about! Ms. Sylvia...I have an award for you! I would like to pass The Spotlight Award to you! You can find it at: http://carolyn1209.blogspot.com/2010/03/spotlight-award.html

Anonymous said...

I just love that waterfall. It is fantastic There is something magical about them. :) have a great Thursday.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lovely thoughts, Sylvia. Today, I started and ended the day with your wit and wisdom. Thank you for your wonderful posts twice almost every day. They are so appreciated. And I realize how much time and effort you put into them.

Suz said...

you've got a way of getting me coming back for such beautiful words and images...thanks

abb said...

Forget-me-nots...one of my very favorite flowers. Lovely!

Loran said...

Anais Nin is one of my favorite writers. I enjoyed seeing flowers, even if only in pictures for now.

Susan at Stony River said...

I love those flowers! Spring just can't get here fast enough if you ask me.

Kay said...

These are all stunning photos, Sylvia but I'm like Susan. I just love those flowers.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time