I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update on Rebecca Roth

Before I lost access to my old blog, I had posted a story about one of our neighbors ex-wife who is imprisoned in Mexico on baseless charges. You may remember the post, it was an article from The Oregonian, Sunday, October 12, by Margie Boule

I just received this email from her sister and I told her I would post it on my new blog.

Thank you for your wonderful blog. I am Rebecca's sister and I have been here in Mexico with her since the night of her abduction and immediate imprisonment. I can tell you all we have been to HELL and back. Rebecca likens this experience to Alice in Wonderland, "Falling through the Rabbit's Hole."Please write to the State Dept., please write to your senators, please ask your local press to come to Mexico and interview Rebecca. No one from the press has come to interview her in the 2+ years she has been in prison. NO ONE!!!! Canada had press, TV, Politicians all over their citizen's story. Rebecca has been ignored except for the courageous articles written by Margie Boule of the Oregonian and one written by the Willamette Weekly.Please pray for us. We continue to need strength and hope to continue believing that she will be acquited of the phoney charges. Her case has been in appeal since April. We wait.You can email me at eslbjm@hotmail.comThank you again for caring. Barbara Roth

2 comments:

bobbie said...

We will do what we can, Sylvia. This is such a tragic story.

Lilly said...

Thanks for the update. That is such an horrific story. How incredibly frustrating and sad for her family. I think we should all write (even though I am not American). She is a human being in dire trouble. I do hope someone in the media picks up this story. Two whole years, incredible!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time