I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Some Good News for a Change!

I had great computer guy in Portland who would come to my house to work on my computer whenever I needed work done. I emailed him to see if he knew anyone he could recommend here in Seattle. He didn't, but he did tell me about Angies list. So, I went online, found her list, joined, specified what I needed and promptly recieved two and a half pages of recommended, A rating computer people and how many miles they were from our house. I called the one at the top of the list whose place is just over three miles away. But that's just the beginning -- I called her, got her on the line, answered all her questions about what was needed and I asked her how much she charged. It all came down to this: she's coming to the house at 10 AM on New Years Day! I guess sometimes a crappy economy can work in our favor! Anyway, I liked the way she sounded and hopefully I'll get everything taken care of and someone I can call again if I have a need.

So,I'm set! The New Year is looking better already!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a relief! I'll check out Angie's list too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Kay said...

I've never used Angie's List although I've heard of it. I'll have to remember that if I need somebody here. Thank goodness you've found somebody to help with the computer.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you've found tech fairy!

Great Grandma Lin said...

solutions come in many disguises or from many sources. glad you found some help...I have a son who is my techie and can do it over the phone for free. He also gave me an ipod for Christmas so now I'm into another technology....

June Saville said...

SYLVIA
I hope we haven't caught the same bug! My computer began acting up three days or so ago and I spent all day yesterday in a solid block reloading programmes and running virus and spyware et al. At the moment it looks fine but I have a guy coming to run some diagnostics on it. When he heard about my troubles he said it seemed as though something was 'about to happen' (!)
I wish us both luck.
My daughter Lynne's hard drive packed it in a day before my trouble began. Both instances occurred the day after Microsoft Service Pack 3 was rushed out and loaded on our respective computers. Microsoft said they were having trouble with a particularly bad virus. I wonder if Service Pack 3 was up to the job?
June in Oz

Dianne said...

how cool is that!!

hope it all works out

maryt/theteach said...

Sylvia thank you so much for Angie's List! I'm checking it out! :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time