I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Counting Your Blessings

I was cleaning out some files yesterday and ran across a photo that I thought I had lost. It's this picture of three of my brood. Kerith was here from California and David was up from Texas to visit Adam several years ago, before I moved to Seattle. I'm always amazed when I happen to run across photos of them even now as I remember being told that I would never be able to have children. And I always remember the fun I had walking into that doctor's office years later, with three of them and pregnant with the fourth. The look on his face was priceless!


We've had a couple of gorgeous days, with brilliant blue skies, reasonable tempertures and I know spring is on the way -- even if the rain returns later today as is predicted. Life is good and it seemed like the perfect day to count my blessings!

9 comments:

June Saville said...

Wonderful Sylvia - may every day be a blue sky day for you.
June

Lilly said...

What a lovely picture this is. And what gorgeous children you have. Your daughter looks like you too. Is Kerith the dancer? She looks the graceful type. Your sons are very handsome and good sorts. Oh it must have been a wonderful moment for you when you found you were pregnant for the first time - and look three more after that. Meant to be. Beautiful blessings and may the beautiful days not be too far around the corner.

Margie's Musings said...

Doctors sure don't know everything. They just think they do.

bobbie said...

Doctors just don't know everything,regardless of what they think. You do, indeed, have many blessings to count.

Enjoy your beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Those are some very good-looking blessings you got there, glad you found the photo!!

Chubby Chieque said...

Great to know you feel so. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.

Kay said...

You really are blessed, Sylvia. You've got three gorgeous children from what I can see and I'm sure the fourth is equally beautiful. Kerith is such a pretty name. It was definitely all meant to be!

Susan at Stony River said...

I'm so glad you found your photograph! It's a perfect one to always remind us that hope can do amazing things.

They are gorgeous kids, too.

Anonymous said...

It's always a good time to acknowledge our blessings ... and I can see why finding this marvelous photo led you to share ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time