I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Evening Thoughts About the Season


The fasts are done; the Aves said; The moon has filled her horn And in the solemn night I watch Before the Easter morn. So pure, so still the starry heaven, So hushed the brooding air, I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings If one should earthward fare.
Edna Dean Procter

Passover has a message for the conscience and the heart of all mankind. For what does it commemorate? It commemorates the deliverance of a people from degrading slavery, from most foul and cruel tyranny. And so, it is Israel's - nay, God's protest against unrighteousness, whether individual or national.
Morris Joseph

5 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

we all need deliverance

Anonymous said...

Stillness is the greatest tool towards achieving Peace.

chrome3d said...

Angels fly in that brooding air. Happy easter.

kRiZcPEc said...

hope there will be peace between Israeli and Palestinians - and Palestinians would see their country established, as outlined by the 1948 UN resolution.

julie king said...

that photo is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! and the words are so fitting and touching during this season!

happy easter and take care!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time