I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, April 10, 2009

An Honor!


On Wednesday I was so very deeply moved and honored when I was given this blogging award by "U" of the blog Any Way I Have To.

I made the decision some time ago to stop participating in the awarding of blogs because while I am so honored and appreciative of having received this one and the others, I found myself spending more time responding and passing them on than I was writing my own blog. I have posted several of these on my side bar because I do want to recognize them and I'm adding this one as well. Another reason I stopped accepting awards is because I write primarily for my own pleasure, but with the hope that I may, perhaps, have something to offer those wonderful people who visit my blogsite. The following are the prerequisites for having been chosen for this award and I hope that I do fulfill at least some of these.

1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.

2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.

3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.

4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.

5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

So, again, let me thank "U" from the bottom of my heart, you're a marvelous, caring person and friend. You and your friendship is the greatest award of all!

May you all have a beautiful, joyous Easter and know that I send my love to each and everyone of you, every day.

17 comments:

bobbie said...

Sylvia, you more than deserve this award. I'm so glad that "U" sent it to you.

Margie's Musings said...

Absolutely!!

Libertine said...

You deserve it. Congratulations!

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

You embody everything that this award stands for, congratulation my friend.
Please have a very Happy Easter and keep on keeping on! (that's a weird saying, isn't it, you know what I mean though)

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Sylvia,

From the first moment I visited your blog, I have always found inspiration: the pictures, quotations and narratives. But most of all I discovered a wonderful joy for living that you embrace and share with this community.

I am indebted to you for that.

Thank you so very much,

U

K. said...

If you included every award that came your way, you'd have an infinitely long sidebar! Congrats!

Great Grandma Lin said...

congrats and happy easter

Darlene said...

Sylvia, you fill every one of the requirements for this award. Congratulations.

Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

"The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking"

Yay! We need more closer friendships within the world. And blogs like this will provide such wonderful opportunities.

MyMaracas said...

Congrats on the award, and a happy Easter to you too!

Dr.John said...

You do fulfill those requirements indeed.

julie king said...

congratulations! you are a very special person with a delightful blog!! we all know how much you deserve this!

take care and happy easter!

Kay said...

Congratulations, Sylvia! You truly deserve this award. Have a terrific Easter.

Michael Horvath said...

It certainly is an honor that is going to a most deserving recipient.

Ugich Konitari said...

Congratulations, Sylvia. Truly deserved.!

Linda Reeder said...

Your love is felt, Sylvia. Thank you.
Happy Easter.

TropiGal said...

I am happy for you, Sylvia. How wonderful to have found a way to serve others and please yourself, too. Congratulations.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time