I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Evening Wisdom, Summer, Beauty

 

Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world.
Ada Louise Huxtable

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap.

 

Summer bachelors, like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.
Nora Ephron

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them, since you cannot even make yourself as you wish to be.
T. A. Kempkis

 

Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun.
Kahlil Gibran

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kay said...

Ahhhhh.... Lovely thoughts...
I especially like the one about naps. I believe that, too.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey Syliva! Love all of your quotes, but your "summer bachelors" one cracked us up!
Beautiful pictures.....scenes like this really do make you think all is right witht the world!

chrome3d said...

A day can be fixed with a nap...but that ruins the night because sleep won´t come!

Chris said...

The Kempkis one kind of hits home for me. Nice.

storyteller said...

Beautiful skies and wonderful thoughts. I'm turning MY face to the sun like a flower whenever I get the chance ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time