I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pet Pride



It's Sunday and time for our lovely pets to show off, strut and play. Pet Pride is hosted by Bozo in Mumbai! Click on the icon, sign your favorite pet in and let them play with all our four-legged, four-pawed, winged, hoofed, web footed and whatever else friends!

 

The only place I have any privacy is in my bed and the only reason I do there is that Mojo is too big and can't get in my bed! Thank goodness for small favors!!

 
Posted by Picasa


And of course she has to show off by doing yoga on the deck!! Oh, well!

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

30 comments:

Bruce said...

Now I know why I love doggies so much, even though I'm a cat!

i beati said...

wise wise animals Sandyu

bj said...

Ahhh, this is the cutest post. I just love it. Thanks for sharing the learning lesson!! :)
I just signed up to follow..don't wanna lose you in this huge land of BLOG!!
XO bj

Anya said...

Lovely pictures they all so Cute !!

Kareltje =^.^=

Susan at Stony River said...

Love that dog yoga! And yes, we should listen to our dogs more often--they sure know how to make the most of their too-few years.

Great photos Sylvia!

Anonymous said...

A canine yoga coach...that's certainly a prescription for staying young. Mojo looks like she would have no trouble sending solicitors on their way.

chrome3d said...

You have a lot to be proud of.

jabblog said...

Lovely post - we should all follow the rules for a happy life.

Anonymous said...

They also know how to be photogenic.

Kay said...

OK OK... you've got me almost convinced I should go out and get a dog.

Rambling Woods said...

Awww....that is a very sweet post...

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was. Slinky, our Shar Pei, came to the door as soon as we got home from church and barked to get in the kitchen. It was only 80 degrees then so I told him "no". A little bit ago, I looked out and it was 90. So I called Slinky in. He is in the kitchen fool having a cool nap.

Barbara Blundell said...

Hi Sylvia,
Just dropped in after reading Lilly !
Loved the bits about the teacher dog . Very true

Chris said...

I suppose that would be "the dog" position in yoga? ;)

Kilauea Poetry said...

I share your sentiments exactly..they are so in the now! Wonderful shots (with the shadow on the deck)..and thanks for stopping by with your kind words-

Anonymous said...

How very true...
They do say "IT's a dogs life"
makes one feel envious...lol

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos ... and wonderful lessons from your pets.
Hugs and blessings,

JD and Max said...

Hi - thanks for visiting our blog earlier. This is a great post! What great lessons us doggies teach everyone eh?! Our human did chuckle when she read it, what great soundbites to live your life by! We're gonna visit often. Tail wags - JD and Max.

Sarah said...

Oh that is such abrilliant lesson that dogs are teaching us! I had never thought of it like that before. I will remember it nrxt time I am worried about something pointless or not enjoying what is all around me. Thanks!
Sarah :)

Elizabeth said...

Greetings to your lovely dogs from Buster in NY.
The yoga pose is rather wonderful.

Utah Savage said...

Nice post, loverly pictures, pretty dogs.

The Island Cats said...

Those are all excellent things to learn...we 'specially like "romp, romp and play daily." We're good at that one!!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

(pee ess. thanks for visiting us today!)

julie king said...

this is a fun post!! love your dogs, especially the schnauzer!

kRiZcPEc said...

I thought dogs wouldn't stretch like cats...no wonder Bruce the cat is in love with doggies. :)

magiceye said...

hey sam and mojo you guys sure are having a swell time!
loved all those wonderful thoughts!

bozo

Anonymous said...

Hilarious - a yoga-practising dog!

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable friends!
Happy Pet Pride Week!Be always happy!
purrs and love
Luna(from Brazil)

Chubby Chieque said...

WoW! this are amazing shots, maam? Aren't they smarties, too?

Looks everybody's enjoying the summer day.

Hugs...

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We agree with your lists..hehe

Holly & Zac...XX

PS..thanks for visiting our blog.

Dianne said...

yoga on the deck!! I love that ;)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time