I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

 
Posted by Picasa


The greed of gain has no time or limit to its capaciousness. Its one object is to produce and consume. It has pity neither for beautiful nature nor for living human beings. It is ruthlessly ready without a moment's hesitation to crush beauty and life out of them, molding them into money.
Rabindranath Tagore

 

Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
Rabindranath Tagore

 


God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.
Rabindranath Tagore

 

7 comments:

Martha Z said...

Food for thought, as usual. The first quote is in step with where my own thinking has been of late.

Aparna said...

Loved your post. I am a Bengali and I have read Tagore's writing in Bengali. I have often felt that his philosophies have not been translated well. Sometimes they sound a little forced and in the process lose their smooth flow that you find in his original work.
But this was simply great and very inspirational. Thank you.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Beautiful photos and thoughts.

Anne and Sasha

skywind said...

Oh, pure sky, sea, beautiful fresh flower. The world is the like this happiness, we should treasure all these.
Healthy Life & Marvelous world

The Explorer said...

inspiring...

thanks for visiting, i really appreciate the time spent while visiting my blog

penny said...

True words of wisdom, Sylvia and as your wonderful photos show us, true beauty dose surround us... all we have to do is open our eyes and mind.
Thanks for sharing!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the way Tagore thinks. ;-)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time