I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Evening Wisdom, Thoughts and Beauty



There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
~James Thurber

Music fills the infinite between two souls.
Rabindranath Tagore



Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~Ovid

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny.
~Kathryn Carpenter



Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. ~Eric Fromm

Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.
Rabindranath Tagore



Never saw off the branch you are on, unless you are being hanged from it. ~Stanislaw Lec

5 comments:

L. Neusiedler said...

how beautiful, indeed!

Aparna said...

Beautiful Sylvia, I specially liked the knickers one! Funny but so true!

Carolyn said...

Lovely photos and great quotes. Thank you Sylvia.
Blessings and smiles

bobbie said...

Especially good quotes today! That last one surely does make sense.

Susan at Stony River said...

Great quotes; the ones about love are so true. I always love your photos!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time