I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Evening, Wisdom, Love and Beauty



Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella



Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein



There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder. ~Charles Morgan



You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip. ~Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum"



Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate! ~Sandra J. Dykes

10 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Lavender and chocolate in the ONE POST??? Are you trying to kill me? :))

Fortunately I'm about to fly to the west, otherwise I'd be hyperventilating :)

Vagabonde said...

Lavender! You are so lucky to have been to fields of lavender, I miss it so. I was brought up as a child in Provence close to lavender fields, and I can still remember it with nostalgia.

chrome3d said...

It IS surprisingly magical to be loved when I have been trying hard to be unloved so much in the past.

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love them all, that Cinderella is a family favorite.

Anne

magiceye said...

oh wow! wonderful quotes with beautiful pictures!

penny said...

Awesome photos and wonderful words of wisdom, Sylvia. My favorite saying is the last one, its yummy:D

Peggy said...

You had me at your first quote from Cinderella. I started singing the song while reading the rest of your other beautiful quotes on love! Love love love lavender anything...and chocolate...well that just a given!
Great post to start my day!

Maria said...

Wow... gorgeous rows of lavender...it must have been heavenly~
Maria

storyteller said...

Aw ... BEAUTIFUL and awesome views and quotes. The Charles Morgan words remind me why I've started to write again at Sacred Ruminations. It's been too long ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Ramakrishnan said...

Hi Sylvia
Breathtaking photographs. I love the lavender fields.
Ram

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time