I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Evening Wisdom, Thoughts and Beauty



To know the road ahead, ask those coming back. ~Chinese Proverb



The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show. ~Author Unknown



There is often less danger in the things we fear than in the things we desire. ~John C. Collins



Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours. ~Swedish Proverb



Go with your heart, buddy. Our brains only screw things up. ~Chris Fedak and Allison Adler, Chuck, "Chuck Versus the Ring"

9 comments:

Kay said...

so wise, and beautiful all in one!

Maithri said...

How very Beautiful Sylvia,

Like you!

Lots of love, M

Gattina said...

Beautiful pictures !

Anonymous said...

Beatiful photos!

Maria Berg said...

Water and stones are always nice to look at and make me fell calm. MB

Mare said...

Loved the entire post-photos and quotes. Great!

Judy said...

I love the John C.Collins quote but they are all great. Beautiful photos as usual.

dianasfaria.com said...

"...eat less chew more", that's a good one. I should do that!
beautiful view of the sailboats in the distance.
Is that your flower garden? it is beautiful.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Eat less, chew more, doesn't just pertain to food, does it? Got me to thinking...

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time