I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu



Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.
Kahlil Gibran



Didn't you know that people hide love like a flower too precious to be picked?
Wu Ti



Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein



And the trouble is if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
Erica Jong

If I know what love is, it is because of you.
Herman Hesse

8 comments:

chrome3d said...

Einstein was a great love philosopher too. What happened in that photo? The forest was alive with all the colours of the world as if Einstein had made some experiments there.

Arija said...

I do love your small, daintily wrapped gifts of wisdom...and you portraits of trees.

Kay said...

Erica Jong's quote really struck a chord with me. Love you gorgeous photos.

Müge Tekil said...

This is a delightful post dear Sylvia with beautiful photos perfectly matching those beautiful words ... Have a nice day :-)

Michael Horvath said...

I just passed those on Sylvia. I wish I could come up with some of those-lol.

penny said...

Incredible photos, Sylvia. I love the bark or lack of it in the third photo. And as always you ease my mind with soothing thoughts.
Now that I have enjoyed my evening respite with you I shall retire to la,la land...

Cathy said...

What beautiful photos!!!!

Lilly said...

Beautiful photos Sylvia - absolutely amazing. You deliver always, wisdon and beauty wrapped up together. THANK YOU.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time